Bekah Kate's Kids Cooking Class on April Fools Foods 2018
Ice Cream Scoop Cookies
by: Back For Seconds www.backforseconds.com
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- food coloring
- flavored extracts of your choice
- chocolate chips or any add ins of your choice
Pre heat oven to 350*
In a large mixing bowl beat butter, oil, and sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time beating after each addition. Slowly add in baking powder and flour until well combined. Divide dough into as many flavors/colors you want to make and add the appropriate add ins. (If adding chocolate chips, do so after scooping to give a clean look.) Scoop out heaping spoonfuls with a mini ice cream scooper onto a baking sheet and freeze for an hour. Once frozen bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Threaded Spaghetti Bites
*Slice Hot Dogs or Sausage into half inch pieces and thread uncooked spaghetti through each slice. Boil in water until pasta is done. Be sure to cook the pasta enough as sometimes the pasta in the center of the hot dog can still be a little to al dente!
Grilled Cheese Cake Pops
With grilled cheese on a stick, rainy days can never get you down.
- 6 tablespoons pizza dough
- 6 cubes cheddar cheese
- Divide the pizza dough into 6 balls. Working with one ball at a time, flatten the ball and place 1 cube of cheese in the center. Wrap the dough around the cheese and seal tightly. Place in a well-buttered mini muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese.
- Place another buttered mini muffin tin on top, so each ball of dough rests in a round dome. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, or until the dough has formed into balls and has turned golden brown. Gently remove the top muffin tin and allow the balls to cool until you can handle them without burning your hands.
- Stick a lollipop stick into each 'cake pop' and arrange on a serving dish of your choice. Enjoy!
Core apple and slice horizontally into rings. Spread cream cheese frosting on apples and decorate your “donut” with desired sprinkes.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened (113g)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (brick-style, not spreadable) (226g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Cheese & Cracker Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Cheddar cheese
- Triangle cracker
- Rectangle crackers
- Whipped cream cheese or easy squeeze cheese
- Slice your preferred brand of cheddar cheese into thick wedges, slightly smaller but no bigger than your triangle crackers. Top the triangle with the cut cheddar wedges.
- Transfer the cream cheese to a sturdy ziplocking sandwich bag or better yet a piping bag!
- Here comes the hardest part of this easy recipe: you need to cut off about 1/2 of the rectangular cracker-- without breaking the remaining big portion. We broke at least for while doing this (but out of a much larger number) and it’s best to make sure to use even pressure and make a quick, clean cut.
- Snip off a small corner of the bag on one side. Use the cream cheese or easy squeeze cheese to squirt a strip of 'glue' onto the bottom of the prepared rectangular crackers. Gently press those crackers flat against the back of the cheddar topped triangle cracker to form the pie 'crust'.
- Plate the crackers however you'd like. Top with a dollop of cream cheese, squeezed from the ziplocking bag so that it looks like whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, but no more than an hour or the cheese will start to harden.