Comfort Food #2 - Poppyseed Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
- Posted on
- By Bekah Stelling
- Posted in Chicken Casserole, Comfort Food
This Comfort Food recipe is an easy one and a crowd pleaser! Serve it with a nice side of a steamed veggie like broccoli and enjoy!
Poppyseed Chicken Casserole with Ritz Cracker Topping
- 5-6 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (or shredded)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2.5 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 2 rolls of crackers)
- 6T butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Layer rice on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
- Place a layer of cubed cooked chicken. You can either boil the chicken and then cube or shred or cut in cubes and then saute.
Stir together the condensed soup and sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over the chicken and rice.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers, poppy seeds and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned and the sauce is bubbly.
Be the first to comment...